A large Benefits Provider was facing major customer service and implementation challenges. The company provides Health & Benefit recordkeeping and enrollment services for its clients. With a divergent clientele and a host of possible account features to choose from, each new client account requires months of planning and setup before a new corporate benefit portal is rolled out.
Beyond individual client issues, the provider also faced an industry in the midst of change. Today’s demanding consumers require new online product features and self-service platforms. At the same time, they are increasingly price conscious, and expect a high degree of fee transparency – all of which puts pressure on firms to streamline systems and facilitate timely, consistent employee communication.
The bottom line: In an era of margin pressure, providers must get smarter and adopt offer management practices if they want to retain existing customers, win new business and increase profitability.
The Offer Management Solution
The Process Improvement Team at this Health and Benefits Provider quickly realized they needed a single, centralized source of product information that the entire company could access, and the ability to automate key implementation tasks. Access to key product facts and insights would ensure they delivered exactly what they had sold and drive effective decision-making throughout the entire sales and implementation process.
Very early on, the team identified ProcessUnity Offer Management as the solution to address their challenges. Specifically, Offer Management would allow the firm to:
- Centralize product and service information
- Streamline the “go-live” process
- Proactively manage client accounts
- Deliver on service commitments
- Deploy governance and controls from point of sale through delivery
By focusing on improving their processes, the firm transformed their operations management by equipping sales and services teams with the information they needed to do their jobs, and providing the technology they needed to facilitate cross-team collaboration.
Offer Management Delivers a Product Catalog in Just One Month
The goal of many large Health & Benefits Administrators is to provide a seamless service to their customers. For a firm trusted to manage complex and often confidential information on health benefits or COBRA, their first impression is now a cohesive, organized implementation process, rather than one with delays or roll-backs.
Even better, working with ProcessUnity allowed the firm to streamline its data consolidation effort. Their entire product catalog was loaded into the system in less than one month, and the team was actively using reports and dashboards in less than six weeks.
When asked about the benefits of their Offer Management system, the provider specifically highlighted three key areas:
- Increased Customer Satisfaction: The streamlined implementation experience leads to a smoother transition to the go-live state, which makes for happier clients that are more likely to renew their contracts.
- Reduced Operational Risk: Offering full transparency into clients’ product and service adoption helps the firm reduce exceptions and standardize its operational procedures.
- Business Growth: By reducing exceptions and promoting best practices, the firm has solved a critical profitability lever, reducing costs, simplifying service delivery, and allowing client teams to use their time more effectively. By sharing information across its teams and focusing on selling valued, best practice plans, they are also able to sell more of the products and services that drive revenue and profitability. Finally, client teams now use their time more effectively, improving the firm’s bottom-line.
Perhaps the best litmus test of a new system’s success comes from the team who bought it. As the Offer Management system took shape, the team consensus was nearly unanimous: “If we had something like this two years ago, the re-implementation of that large client’s plan would never have happened.”